FORUMS: list search recent posts

.swf into vegas

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Trujillo
.swf into vegas
on Apr 2, 2008 at 3:44:56 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to import .swf files generated in flash cs3 into sony vegas 8 to edit them together and create a movie. We like .swf files because they preserve the vectors, and thus, are small, fast and high quality exports. most files import, preview, and render fine from vegas.

However there are a handful of files that display red frames on the Vegas timeline (unreadable) therefore they appear black in the preview window, and render black as well.

We originally exported out as flash player 5, I've tried 9 and 6 to no avail. I'm leaning towards just using After Effects CS3 because it can now import .swf, but it would be nice to use only program for editing/rendering sound AND video.

Export-wise, the working and non-working clips are identical. We've pretty much run out of ideas... does anyone out there have any?

Also, is there any other lossless way to export a video out of flash? These animations will be converted and burned to DVD and I'm wondering if there's any other way to get them out of flash as crisp as possible. file size is not an issue. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]