FORUMS: list search recent posts

video with transparent background playing over webpage

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john isaacks
video with transparent background playing over webpage
on Mar 13, 2008 at 10:12:40 pm

I know how to use a div tag to place a flash file with a transparent background over the web page ro make it overlap.

like this they do here http://flashvideodemos.com/

but I see people doing it with videos inside flash, I want to take a video of a person talking/greeting visitors and do the same thing.

but how do you make a video have a transparent background in flash?

I have the entire CS3 Master suite, so is there like a certain way to export the flv from after effects to make it do this.

I also thought a way to do it would be to just use after effects to export the video frames as png images with transparent backgrounds. but when I put them into flash to play I dont know how I would snyc the sound.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Return to posts index

Ross Gerbasi
Re: video with transparent background playing over webpage
on Mar 13, 2008 at 10:29:12 pm

You will wanna use something like After Effects, bring your video in and mask and/or key out whatever you need. This will give you video with a transparency.

Then you render that video out using a codec that supports alpha, like PNG, JPEG 2000 or Animation.

Then you can use the Flash Video encoder, or a tool like Sorenson Squeeze, to convert your video to a FLV with alpha.

Then bring this video into your flash project, should be what your lookin for.

This is like a super quick rundown there are some little steps to make things look better, guess I should just do a tutorial on this haha.

I will put that on my list :) hope this can get u started though

-ross

Return to posts index

john isaacks
on Mar 18, 2008 at 3:15:46 am

Thank you for your response Ross, seems pretty strait forward then only thing where I might get confused it formating the video for flash after keying it. I will try to figure it out and if I run into any particular problems I will post back.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

john isaacks
on Mar 20, 2008 at 4:10:26 pm

Hi did what you said, I rendered the video from After Effects with transparancy. I then reopened it in After effects in placed it above another layer to confirm that the new video file did infact have transparency. So open up my flash video encoder CS3. I draged my new video file into it and clicked start queue. It then created a new .flv file but when I import the .flv file into flash it doesn't have any transparency, instead the places that are supposed to be transparent are black.

is there a setting inside the flash video encoder to enable transparency? I couldnt find any setting myself. should I used something else? Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
on Mar 20, 2008 at 5:16:42 pm

Hey John-
You may be missing the step to create the Alpha part of the Flash video.
Try this:

http://69.89.31.201/~artistco/tonyteach/jing/flash_alpha_encode.swf

Thanks Tony

Return to posts index

john isaacks
on Mar 20, 2008 at 6:42:24 pm

Thank you very much that was what I needed!!

Return to posts index

blake ferm
on Jul 9, 2008 at 5:41:06 pm

I can't seem to lose the black background, after I create the flv from AEffects.

I've tried making an mov file from AEffects, then encoding that with Flash encoder/Selecting alpha channel. I see the black bground telling me it's transparent, but still not sure what to do here? My file i Flash still has a black bground.

Thanks,
Blake

Return to posts index

Greg Kresslein
on Jul 7, 2009 at 2:21:05 pm

I can not seem to get my video to keep the transparency either. I've found a great tutorial, http://www.adobe.com/go/vid0229, and I've watched it over and over, but the video has a white background no matter how I export it. I've tried straight to FLV from After Effects as well as to MOV and then converting in Flash Video Encoder. I'm stumped.

Return to posts index

Micheal Anderson
on Feb 28, 2015 at 8:32:20 am

HI !!!
Kindly please tell me that or provide any tutorial link that how it has been happened ?

Return to posts index

Wayne Johnson
on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:18:43 pm

I however am still stumped after selecting the 'encode alpha channel'. I record my videos on a Sony camera which are stored in .avi format. I then import the video into Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 (I don't have AfterAffects), use the green keying to remove my bkgrd. Then I export from Premiere to MPEG format. Then to Flash Video Encoder, with the proper settings you display in your video tutorial. However, when I place the video into Captivate(Flash) file, I still have the black backgrd and I can not see below layers.

If you can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate. I've been at this for hours with no success thus far.

Also, I was unable to find those codec’s that support alpha (i.e. PNG, JPEG 2000 and Animation). If I need these could you point to where I can get them please. Thank you so much for your time and effort with us slow folks. :)

-Wayne

Return to posts index

Michael Schuchardt
on Aug 25, 2009 at 9:41:38 am

Hi
hope you can help me? I try to do exactly what you (know). How does it work???
I have a green screen!
but every time I export the Flash movie i have the Black background!

Thanks for your help

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]