FORUMS: list search recent posts

.flv + alpha export works on some systems, not others?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EVAN SCHECK
.flv + alpha export works on some systems, not others?
on Mar 13, 2008 at 6:00:42 pm

I am having a really weird issue that I can't seem to figure out. I am working in After Effects and exporting QT files with animation codec and alpha channels. I know the alphas are correct as I've verified them in FCP, QT Pro, etc.

Using Flash Video Encoder that came with CS3 I am trying to convert these QTs to .flv files via the default medium setting + checking off encode alpha channel on the video tab.

Here's where it gets weird. I've tried this workflow on different systems (4 MacPros all almost identical configs, and 1 Windows PC). The file exports with no errors on all, but only 3/4 of the MacPro created files actually work when checked back in Flash CS3. The other MacPro file and the Windows file just show nothing, or maybe rather only alpha channel.

My guess is there is something on these faulty systems in conflict that's not letting the file export correctly. Maybe a software version or another app installed that's blocking some process? I've checked versions of the Flash encoder, QT, and they all seem to be on the same rev. All the Macs have Perian intalled. Can anyone think of a reason why some of my systems would be exhibiting this beahvior? Again, Flash CS3 Video Encoder reports no errors on all trials. Please help me!

Return to posts index

Michael Benjamin
Re: .flv + alpha export works on some systems, not others?
on Nov 25, 2008 at 9:25:22 am

Hi,
I'm having this issue on a Macbook Pro. I have been using Adobe AE on PC to export to FLA with Alpha on and it works fine. When I use the Flash Video Encoder itself or through Quicktime on my Macbook Pro, it comes out with a black background every time. I have 6 videos to encode with transparent backgrounds and I just can't figure out why it's not working.

Did you find an answer to your problem yet? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]