FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Codecs for Importing Video Screen Shots

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
charles michael fulton
Best Codecs for Importing Video Screen Shots
on Mar 11, 2008 at 2:08:13 pm

Hello all,

I was just hoping to draw on the experience of the group and get some input on codecs/compression ratios for taking screen shot video or "walk-throughs" to import into Flash 8.

Currently, I'm using MS Windows Media Encoder 9.00 and I'm having some success with the Windows Media Video 9 Advanced codec. Encoder is restricted to using Windows Media Video codecs, but Flash 8 does not recognize the WMV 9 Screen that Encoder suggests for screen shot video, nor the WMV 9.1 Image.

We'll be getting the latest version of Snagit soon. I had some problems changing the compression codec and ratio on Snagit 7.X, but hopefully I won't have those in the newer version.

Any suggestions on the best codec for making Encoder or SnagIt 8.2 play nice with Flash 8? How about a different Windows program that makes ideal screen capture video for Flash 8?

In Flash, I've been importing the video as an embedded SWF (it's easier to add the text elements when it's embedded in the timeline), using the On2 VP6 codec set at high quality with a key frame on every frame. I anticipate my IT people will be unhappy with the large Flash movie files this produces, so if I could find a codec that allows Flash to compress the movie a little more, that would be awesome.

Hopefully this is enough information for ya'll to make some recommendations. If not, please ask for what you need and I'll be happy to provie the info.

Thanks!

CMF

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]