FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash CS3 FLV playback controls output to SWF

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Pascale
Flash CS3 FLV playback controls output to SWF
on Mar 3, 2008 at 4:52:05 am

Hi Thanks for responding,
I've got a finalized .flv (26MB) file, which I will need to hand off to another web developer in another state to add to a website.
I could send him the .flv and trust he has something like Dreamweaver CS3 to treat it as a Progressive Download, but I'm really not too happy with the controls Dreamweaver has for the video.
When I pull the .flv into Flash CS3, as a FLVPlayback, I can add the controls I want as skins, no problem there, I can even create my own. When I EXPORT it as a MOVIE File(.SWF), it creates 2 different .swf files one for the video and one for the control bar.
Testing them on my own websites, they work fine. I insert it (the movie .swf as a Flash element), and it works as long as both .swf files are found in the same location(folder). The AC_RunActiveContent.js is also included in the scripts folder.

To alleviate issues with other people in other states of unknown video website knowledge, is there a way to output a single .swf file? By the way the final .swf of the original 26mb .flv is 52kb, really tiny for a 4 minute video(final size 425X318). Compared to the original, the .swf is definately acceptable(no viewable loss of information, not even in the highlights).
Thaks for any help
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]