FORUMS: list search recent posts

basic question again!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drar chandra
basic question again!
on Feb 5, 2008 at 5:18:34 am

hi again, I have yet another problem I can't seem to get. It is never ending, but fun when it all works! I have a button that opens up another .html page (made in flash). but the buttons on the new html page need to lead back to the original page and at a specific frame. the home button works becasue it is just going nacj to the original page, but how do I get it a specific frame? as I have several pages on diffrent frames. I have played with a bunch of diffrent things, but it doesn't seem to work. any ideas as to what I have wrong? i feel like it is something silly, but all thethings i have tried won't work.

on (release) {
getURL("http://www.pagehere.com/folder/index.html", "_self");
_root.gotoAndPlay(5);
}

thanks always!

Return to posts index

Jason Milligan
Re: basic question again!
on Feb 6, 2008 at 10:14:37 pm

This is actually more complex than you are probably anticipating.
The reason "_root" isn't being recognized is because you are trying to communicate between separate swf files. Is there a specific reason you are opening a new html document instead of loading the new swf into a higher level within the original swf?

Return to posts index

drar chandra
on Feb 6, 2008 at 11:41:49 pm

hi! ok, I was loading a seprate html document to save space, but I like what you said. How do I load the swf at a higher level?

Return to posts index

drar chandra
on Feb 7, 2008 at 1:50:02 am

ok so I figured it out, and that is much better! Now I don't have to worry about the complicated stuff, thanks for the advice, I don't know why I didn't set it up that way to begin with! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]