FORUMS: list search recent posts

movieClip onRelease question

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gaterwink
movieClip onRelease question
on Jan 23, 2008 at 9:51:50 pm

Hi-

I'm having a problem that probably has a simple solution, but I haven't found one yet... (Flash 8, AS 2) ...

I have created a movieClip to use as a button, with the onRelease handler, and the problem I'm having is that I can click once on the movie clip and everything is fine. But I can't click a second time unless the mouse moves at least 1 pixel. Basically I need the click to be detected even if the mouse doesnt move.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot!!

-G

Return to posts index

MA Carlson
Re: movieClip onRelease question
on Jan 23, 2008 at 10:26:48 pm

A little more about this problem...

When I first test the movie, I can click on the movie clip (named mybutton) multiple times without any mouse movement and it works fine.

But... there's a combo box on the stage, and as soon as I do anything to the combo box, I have the issue where I can no longer click multiple times on mybutton. It now requires mouse movement in order for subsequent button clicks to register.

?? Solution: get rid of the combo box?? :- I hope there's some other explanation or solution. Thanks!

-G

Return to posts index

MA Carlson
Re: movieClip onRelease question
on Jan 23, 2008 at 11:21:45 pm

:-( Couldnt figure out why the combo box made the movie clips behave like that, but came up with a workaround using a mouse listener instead of the onRelease handler. Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]