FORUMS: list search recent posts

need help ASAP!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Gray
need help ASAP!
on Jan 23, 2008 at 5:38:35 pm

We have two sites for one of our biggest clients that have recently started giving us trouble. All of the sudden, on only certain computers, the video files have stopped playing but the audio is just fine. A few people at my shop have recently upgraded t heir Macs to Leopard so at first I thought it was an OSX problem. However, some of the Leopard machines operate fine while others do not. I assumed that the flash components on these computers must not jive for some reason so I upgraded the players to Flash 9. Still the same problem. It seems so intermittent. Here are the link to the two sites. Just click any of the buttons to transfer to a video page. PLEASE FELLOW BOVINES HELP!!!!!

-Justin

http://encorepreview.com/adultmicro/

http://encorepreview.com/tradmicro/

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: need help ASAP!
on Jan 24, 2008 at 8:16:44 am

I'm gonna need some more info to properly help you with this I fear :) Which encoding type are you using? FLV or MOV and if FLV, are you using the Sorensen Spark codec?

Try encoding your movies to the newer On2VP6 codec. I'm thinking this might have something to do with Flash's new Flash player upgrade.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Justin Gray
on Jan 24, 2008 at 2:44:02 pm

Pieter, thanks for your quick response. Indeed I am using the Sorenson Spark codec. As a matter of fact I'm using Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 to create the FLV files.

I was thinking about this last night. I am encodeing the original Quicktime files using the following settings...

quality 768k
1-pass CBR
Data rate 615 Kbps
Frame rate 29.97fps
Sorenson Spark Pro Codec.

Is there something new in Flash Player 9 that does not like Sorenson Spark? Thanks Pieter. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Justin

- Justin Gray
KLTV Promotions

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:02:22 pm

I'm not sure, I haven't read any articles to that effect, and I doubt Adobe would let such a bug slip past it's beta team. The new Flash Player however, does mean a big change in how Flash handles video, since it introduces HD capabilities.

The reason I suspect Sorensen Spark is that it is a slightly outdated codec and I, along with many others, generally prefer the On2 codec. Furthermore, the symptoms you describe are generally credited to faulty codecs.

So my advice is, try encoding one of the Quicktime movies using Flash's Video Encoder with On2 VP6 codec and see if that works.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Justin Gray
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:37:03 pm

Again Peiter, thanks for your suggestions. I am actually encoding one of the shorter videos now using the VP6 codec and we'll see if it works. Cheers mate. -Justin

- Justin Gray
KLTV Promotions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]