FORUMS: list search recent posts

swf video via email

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sanjchal
swf video via email
on Jan 19, 2008 at 10:26:03 pm

Hello everyone,

Have been asked by a client to edit some concert footage to a number of different formats.

All is well, with the exception of one part.

They have requested these clips be available for email as well.

The problem is that each clip on average is 5 minutes in duration.

I've created swf files via After Effects, but when I try to play the swf file without its links, I just get a white screen.

Would appreciate some advice on how best to email SWF video in order for the client to view either through the Flash Player or through his / her web browser.

Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Sean Hellwig
Re: swf video via email
on Jan 21, 2008 at 8:58:13 am

this would depend on if you are embedding the movie in the swf, or linking to an external video source, ie: flv (flash video).

if you are embedding the video inside the swf, there shouldnt be any problem emailing it and viewing it.

if you are linking to an external flv, make sure you use the absolute full URL to your video source, example:

use: http://www.yoursite.com/video/video.flv

and not: video/vido.flv

"I'm in the business of making sh*t happen"

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Jan 21, 2008 at 7:49:54 pm

I highly doubt a lot of email programs (if any) will allow you to embed flash movies into your emails.

Your best option would be to place your videos on the internet and then just link to them in the email message, so they can view them in their browser.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

sanjchal
on Jan 21, 2008 at 9:35:26 pm

Thanks Pieter; thanks Sean.

Yes, looks as though the placing the swf onto the client's website is the best route.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]