FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Application

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Forrest
Flash Application
on Jan 12, 2008 at 4:39:36 pm

I hope someone can help. I would like some advice on where to begin creating a Flash Application.

I'm not even sure that's what you'd call it but to give you an idea, what I would like to create is an application similar to that which appears on the 'Creative Cow Master Series' DVD - 'Serious Effects and Compositing' for AE7.

This appears to be a 'mini website' built into a flash application that launches from a Flash icon inside the folder on the DVD.

I would like to make video content available via download from my website that would function in a similar way to the above mentioned DVD. I have a fairly good knowledge of Dreamweaver, so I could just build the mini website and save it with all its assets into a folder and offer that for download to be viewed in the users browser but clearly that is not as elegant a solution.

So, is this type of application built entirely in Flash? Is this extrememly advanced stuff? Where would you recommend I start - I'm not afraid of a steep learning curve! Or, am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?

Any help or advice is very much apreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved