FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLVPlayer Variable Framerate Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Calhoun
FLVPlayer Variable Framerate Problem
on Jan 12, 2008 at 12:16:35 am

I am a .5 on the scale of 1 to 10 for knowing AS3 Actionscripting. So here goes...

I'm trying to build a custom FLV Player with the capability of varying the framerate. Just FYI for everyone out there looking, search "framerate" in the help files for making that happen.

I have created a player with buttons for varying framerate, but for the life of me, I'm having a time trying to incorporate a scroll/scrub bar into the mix. It seems I can have one or the other, but not both. Mind you, I'm no programmer, but it shouldn't be that hard to do.

It seems the logical thing to do would be to incorporate a scroll/scrub bar into my current setup. But I haven't figured out how to do that.

It seems all the tuts I see for including scrub/scroll bars involve using the FLVPlayer component, but I can't figure out how to incorporate the framerate variable into a packaged deal that the FLVPlayer component is.

The alternative is to incorporate the scroll/scrub bar into my current actionscript 3.0 setup with the variable framerate working, but again, making a scroll/scrub bar is the catch. It seems most all tuts fall back on a variation of the FLVPlayer component, which doesn't work for me.

Sheesh! Anyone have any pointers to guide me? I'm not looking for explicit answers, maybe just tuts or snippets of info that might guide me.

Thanks! Or as that use to say, TIA!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]