FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows guy struggling with Mac paths for flv playback from projector

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren R Sampson
Windows guy struggling with Mac paths for flv playback from projector
on Jan 3, 2008 at 4:31:09 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a very basic question. I am publishing to a Mac projector for the first time.

My Flash CS3 project is made in Windows and uses a couple dozen flv playback components. The .exe runs fine. When I publish the .app and move it over to my Mac (PPC OSX 10.4.5) I make sure to copy all the source flv's to a folder with the same name and with the same relative path to the .app folder.

But the Mac .app does not find and play the flvs. The text and buttons show, but no flv plays.

I saw a couple references on the web that Mac paths use colons instead of slashes when not running from a system disc, but another page indicated that the colon format is no longer used on OSX. I have tried running from system discs and from burned CDRs with colon notation and nothing seems to work.

Is there something I need to change in the FLV playback parameter Source path to make sure that the Mac app finds the flvs?

Thanks much!

Return to posts index

Warren R Sampson
Got it working by adding new Netstreams
on Jan 4, 2008 at 2:54:52 am

So instead of using FLVPlayback Components, I called the content using Netstreams. All works fine. The paths for the Netstreams are cut & paste duplicates of Source paths from the FLV Components. Netstreams work, FLVPlayback components don't.

So is there something basically different about using the FLVPlayback component when you go to a Mac Projector? Seems like it should work either way. It does in the Windows projectors I published.

btw I made sure to download the latest Mac Flash player today.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved