FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Flash Video Skin

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Custom Flash Video Skin
on Dec 24, 2007 at 1:20:24 am

Ok, I need some help. I have looked at about every tutorial on the internet for this and nobody explains what I want to do.

All I want to do is create my own skin for use in dreamweaver with a play button and a mute button along with a logo on the player. Just like the skins you will see on the videos at or How do I create a player like that? I would really like the player to be a seperate .swf file from the flash video I have that way I can use it over and over in dreamweaver. Is this possible or do I have to import my movie into flash and then create a custom skin ontop of my movie? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't think I am trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm just missing some peices to the puzzle.

Return to posts index

Chris John
Re: Custom Flash Video Skin
on Dec 27, 2007 at 3:03:30 pm

I am working in the same thing and came across this link that works great. I am able to customize it to make my own buttons and even add an image/logo. I have one challenge, though, and I would apreciate help on it from you or anyone reading this post.

When I change the action script in the frame to ready autohide=true, the player buttons disappear on mouseover, but I am not able to figure out how to get the frame/box to disappear on mouseover, nor am I able to make any logo/graphic I add disappear on mouseover.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Adam LaFever
on Jan 24, 2008 at 7:52:03 pm

did you ever figure this out? i have been doing exactly the same thing and this has stumped me! it would be so awesome to get the skin to just pull up in dreamweaver...

I have been doing a lot of this other procedures as well with the alpha channels. Perhaps we can be of help to each other!

Return to posts index

Steven Panzullo
on May 18, 2008 at 5:54:42 pm

Hi Twin,

did you ever get an answer to this? I can't get my player skin to appear in the website the video does but the flash player skin will not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved