FORUMS: list search recent posts

Published files not communicating

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ROBERT ARMOND
Published files not communicating
on Dec 18, 2007 at 1:42:47 pm

I could not find an Adobe Captivate forum, so I figured since I am referring to swf and htm files, I'll give the Flash forum a shot.

I was wondering if anyone can assist me with an issue I'm having with my published captivate movies.
Currently I'm using Captivate 3. I have published a project and using a skin (captivates navigation). All of my published files (.htm, fs.htm, _skin and a Jscript file called "standard")are located in one folder (so they all can communicate).

When I select the htm file that has been generated through publishing (to view my project), I receive an Adobe Flash Player Security pop-up.
It reads, " The following local application on your computer or network:
J: filename_skin.swf
Is trying to communicate with this Internet-enable location:
J: filename.htm

To let this application communicate with the Internet, click Settings. You must restart the application after changing your settings."

I have changed the settings on my PC and no longer have this pop-up occurring.

The problem is that I have to deliver this course over a networked environment and that mean everyone will get this pop-up if there settings is not set. Is there a universal setting that I can set to prevent the pop-up from appearing or a way for this two files to communicate.?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Ross Gerbasi
Re: Published files not communicating
on Dec 18, 2007 at 9:34:46 pm

This is a local testing issue. Can you post the files online somewhere to test?

Is it possible to deliver the files over the web? If you have a network environment, why do things need to be run locally?

-ross //name

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]