FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Music across several Scenes in project

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe G
Adding Music across several Scenes in project
on Dec 11, 2007 at 2:58:14 pm

I just finished making a 1-minute animation in Flash that has a total of 9 scenes. They all flow together rather nicely, except I would like for a music clip to start at scene 1 and play through all the scenes until the end of scene 9 where I have set a loop action for the last 5 seconds of that scene.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to do this? I've tried cutting up the music and putting it in pieces under each scene, but you can hear the edits and I'm sure there's got to be a way to do it better. Your suggestions and any details on codes for this would be most valuable!

Thanks!

Joe G

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
Re: Adding Music across several Scenes in project
on Dec 11, 2007 at 4:06:57 pm

well, one fast way is to simply make it it's own flash file and in the html page, just place it in the page as well.

I don't use scenes much anymore so I'm not sure how they have advanced, but using LocalConnection, you can communicate from one swf to another so you can trigger when the music starts.

I've had great success in using localConnection to keep two independant files talking to each other.

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
on Dec 11, 2007 at 4:07:40 pm

well, one fast way is to simply make it it's own flash file and in the html page, just place it in the page as well.

I don't use scenes much anymore so I'm not sure how they have advanced, but using LocalConnection, you can communicate from one swf to another so you can trigger when the music starts.

I've had great success in using localConnection to keep two independant files talking to each other.

Return to posts index

Joe G
on Dec 11, 2007 at 4:28:32 pm

Is there any way to actually do it in Flash without relying on external html? I have other goals with the video outside of strictly the web and I'm not familiar with what Local Connection is. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Kelly Johnson
on Dec 11, 2007 at 4:59:55 pm

I'm not aware of how to use one sound beneath multiple scenes; there may be a way but I'm not sure on that one.

However, if the animation is continuous, why not just select all frames, copy Create a new movie clip symbol and paste them all into one movie clip rather than having 9 scenes?

You would have to do that nine times, pasting at the end each time.

Then, you would have just one frame with that movie clip on it and you could place the sound using the soundObject or even just import that sound in the same movie clip as the animation but on it's own layer.

Return to posts index

Joe G
on Dec 11, 2007 at 5:35:23 pm

Awesome suggestion, Kelly! I'll give that a try! Thanks!!!

Joe

Return to posts index

Joe G
on Dec 11, 2007 at 8:36:33 pm

Kelly,

Your idea worked perfectly. Now, i ran into one more snag, though, and I'm not sure if it's related to everything being in a movie clip now ---- I created the animation at 1000 x 800 pixels, and when everything was in it's own scene and I exported the movie, i scaled it down to 400 x 300. For some reason, now, when I export the one movie clip as a flash file, it won't rescale the video and everything is just way too large to see. Do you have any thoughts on this? I checked my HTML publish settings, but can't figure it out. Thanks again for all your help!!!!

Joe G

Return to posts index

Renice Stewart
on Feb 26, 2008 at 12:57:35 am

Maybe I'm doing something really stupid:

I tried this method I think the idea is great with one snag. I had created several movies (7 to be exact) out of the 7 scenes I had. I need to stream an audio tract over the entire Flash document (meaning all the 7 sequential movies). When I test the entire movie, I cannot get the doc to stop flashing through the 7 movies I created. I have put in actionscripting at the end of each "scene" to play the next movie but Flash ignores it. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Renice Stewart
on Mar 5, 2008 at 7:21:46 pm

Well... I finally got this to work by creating a separate swf from the audio and loading it in the original. Now, I have a request to include "Pause" and "Resume" buttons.

I have played with the Actionscript 2 trying to get this to work but I cannot manage a simultaneous stop & start in both movies. Can someone just post script for me to try? Anything will be helpful.

thank you.

Return to posts index

Jason Milligan
on Dec 11, 2007 at 7:16:37 pm

Here is the method I use:

Instead of breaking sequences into separate scenes, I make every shot/sequence its own symbol. I compile all of the animation for that sequence inside its symbol. These symbols would have names like "shot004", "shot005", etc. I then place all of these symbols onto layers in one scene and treat Flash like a video editing application. The nice thing about this approach, is you can scale and move these symbols in a way that simulates camera moves. It keeps things clean, organized, and solves the problem of dealing with sound across scenes.

Return to posts index

Joe G
on Dec 11, 2007 at 8:42:15 pm

Jason,

Sounds like another good way to approach it! I don't know if you read my last reply to Kelly's post, but his idea worked, except now I can't scale down my final flash video to a reasonable size. I set my export to 400 x 300 (My original is 1000 x 800) but I just keep getting a large file that is too huge to view. Is this a product of doing it all by pasting the frames from the 8 scenes into one movieclip?

Joe G

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Jason Milligan
on Dec 12, 2007 at 12:05:41 am

Without looking at the file, I'm not sure why you would be having this problem.

There is a simple solution.
Change your stage size to 400X300.
Since everything is now in a symbol, scale the symbol down to the stage size.
Then export at full size

Return to posts index

Joe G
on Dec 12, 2007 at 3:12:35 am

Thanks, Jason! We figured it out! When I created the New Movie Clip symbol that I was pasting all the scenes into, I had the stage set to the default of 400 x 320 or what not, so when I re-entered the correct dimensions, everything scaled just fine!

Thanks Again!

Joe G

Return to posts index

Kelsey Bowdle
on Jan 6, 2010 at 3:31:31 pm

How do you add music to a Dreamweaver HTML web page?
Please Help!

Thanks!
Kelsey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]