FORUMS: list search recent posts

drag/drop and slide an object

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sbparke
drag/drop and slide an object
on Nov 27, 2007 at 7:40:57 pm

I'm trying to find a good tutorial that explains actionscript similar to what is found on http://www.1-18-08.com. I'm familiar with the startDrag/stopDrag part, what I'm wondering about is how to make the draggable object slide around while you're dragging it and after you release it.

I'm also curious about how they're coding it so the pictures "flip" if you mimic that flipping movement with your mouse. I'm guessing it has something to do with the speed of your mouse? Any ideas or known tutorials would be great, i've looked around and haven't found much, maybe i'm not using the right keywords when i search.

thanks
-steve

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: drag/drop and slide an object
on Dec 5, 2007 at 9:06:59 am

Off the top of my head, I'm guessing they didn't use the drag command, but instead told the movie clips to match the x and y speeds of the mouse pointer. When you do that, you can add accelerations and decelerations.

As for the rotations, they are really nice. My guess would be getting flash to identify the distance of the pointer from the centre of the movieclip and calculating a rotation based on that. It's a very nice, intuitive interface they've got.

Graham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]