FORUMS: list search recent posts

code in embedded SWF not working

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jameson Schultz
code in embedded SWF not working
on Nov 14, 2007 at 12:50:20 am

Howdy all,

I have a simple Breakout game I made in Flash that I am trying to get into another SWF based portfolio page. The link below is the basic game. All the code is in the first frame and all the blocks are dynamically created with the code. Also the resolution of this is roughly 750x400.

The SWF I am trying to place this in is 850x650 and I would also like a semi transparent black background to seperte it from the main SWF. The easiest way I can think of doing this (without having to re-code the game for the new dimensions) would be to have a compenent loader call up the SWF and let it play. Which is the link below.

Problem is the dynamically created blocks do not show up (and neither does the fade animation, but they are part of the same grid array). the hitTest is still working, you just can't see the blocks. Is there something I am missing?

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

--Cheers!, Jameson

Return to posts index

Re: code in embedded SWF not working
on Nov 14, 2007 at 10:31:10 am

If the game works when played but not when loaded into another swf, I wonder whether there's something in the levels - is there any call to _level0 for example, which might want to be-done as _root ..?

Return to posts index

Jameson Schultz
Re: code in embedded SWF not working
on Nov 18, 2007 at 7:28:27 am

There isn't call to a level within the game, the "game" loop is a function that is then called when the "Start" button (which is also a component) is pressed. I tried a adding a few _root in places where I though it should go (different places in the loop.

I am not a coder by trade, more of the artistic type. And the code for the game I am getting from a teacher at university, when I go to ask him about the question all I get is a shoulder shrug.

If it could help troubleshoot I can place the code on the web page. My portfolio page just looks tacky when the SWF is called and it is in the upper right corner. Any ideas.

~Hope this helps~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved