FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to be able to build simple animation faster

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
baclontz
Need to be able to build simple animation faster
on Oct 28, 2007 at 12:59:57 am

I've been using flash for a couple months now for a job, and sometimes it just makes me want to pull my hair out. I only have to make VERY simple animation with it... fade layers in and out, have things slide across the screen, etc.

I'm used to doing things in Adobe After Effects, and the way of animating in flash just seems incredibly time consuming and convoluted to me. Simple animations take me about 4 times longer to make than I could do in After Effects.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could just get this stuff done faster? Is there anyway I could have some sort of preset animation that I could just apply on a layer, or something like that?

Another thing that I'm really fighting with is just being able to select the objects that I need to animate. When I have multiple objects on top of one another, sometimes I cant even get it to select the one I need, so I have to resort to turning off the other layers, and then figure out which ones I need to turn back on. Is there a better way of handling this?

Return to posts index

DavePotts
Re: Need to be able to build simple animation faster
on Oct 30, 2007 at 2:14:52 pm

As far as object selection goes, I usually keep all of my layers locked (but not invisible), except for the one I'm working on. That seems to help a bit. I've been using Flash for only a bit longer than you, and I have to agree with you. To me, its strengths (interactivity, scripting, etc) are almost outweighed by the horrendous drawing and animation tools.

Dave Potts
Broadcast Communications
University of North Carolina @ Charlotte

Return to posts index

RossGerbasi
on Nov 15, 2007 at 10:22:17 pm

Awww come-on now guys, flash actually has amazing drawing and animation tools. Don't dis it cause you just got started on it!

I work in after effects quite a bit also, and I won

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
on Nov 18, 2007 at 5:54:51 pm

All good advice, but I'd do my animation in AE and then export to .swf or .flv. I suppose if you think that that's too big then I understand but AE just seems simpler for this kind of animation. What is your final destination of your animation/video?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]