FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to Flash 8, conversion question

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
New to Flash 8, conversion question
on Oct 24, 2007 at 9:00:36 pm

Hi. I did a search but did not find an answer. Is there a suggested setting to convert .mov files to flv within Flash 8? The .mov files are made from Final Cut Pro. I'm playing around with settings now, but if anyone has a successful template already, I'd love to get those settings.

Also, should it take a half an hour to convert a two to three minute video to flash? I have a Mac dual 2.7 G5 PowerPC, 4 gig DDR SDRAM ram. It just seems it took a bit more time than I would have anticipated.

Finally, the Flash 8 instructions are week. It took forever to figure out how to import .mov files. I never did find a simple way to open the video encoder.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Heck
NaJor Productions

Return to posts index

Re: New to Flash 8, conversion question
on Oct 26, 2007 at 4:54:09 am

Start a new document, File-Import FLV follow the cues and you're done... pretty easy.

As for time, if you're using more sound quality than necessary on the web (96 is just fine) that can slow up the conversion time. Lot's of cue points can hick-up sometimes, at least I've noticed, but I have the same machine as you described and for a three minute conversion, 20 minutes or so seems about right.

If you're not embedding cue points, you can do it out of After Effects if you have that since that will take dual processors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved