FORUMS: list search recent posts

NS in Flash Presentation (Not cue Points)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NS in Flash Presentation (Not cue Points)
on Oct 23, 2007 at 9:00:58 pm

Hey Everyone,

I am working on a flash slide show and want to use an external flv. I can get it playing in the show, but it is loaded and started with everything else, so when you come to the slide with the flv, it is already playing. I know that happens due to the nature of the slide show format, where all timelines are started at once. Is there a way to code the Netstream so that it only plays when the slide is revealed?

I have tried to use if/else with currentSlide, but to no avail. I was trying this in the on (reveal) section:

on (reveal) {
// Transition behavior
if (! || ( && {
mx.transitions.TransitionManager.start (,
direction:0, duration:0.5, easing:mx.transitions.easing.None.easeNone,
param1:empty, param2:empty}); = eventObj.type;
var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc);
ns.onStatus = function(info) { //play buffer clip during buffering, loop play of flv once finished
if ( info.code == "NetStream.Play.Stop") {;
else {

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
Re: NS in Flash Presentation (Not cue Points)
on Nov 18, 2007 at 6:03:31 pm

Did you get this figured out? I would think that you could add a pause button or something to stop playback.

I see that"smsFingerPrint.flv"); it is by default playing this .flv. Lee Brimelow on the site has some video tutorials and I think discusses how to stop NS from playing automatically.

Also, look up in the documentation the methods of netStream and probably there is a pause method which I see in your script anyway.

Write a simple function and put a pause button on the stage and try and start/stop it with that.

I know I'm know telling you a lot of specifics but those are some of my thoughts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved