FORUMS: list search recent posts

install problems. PLEASE HELP

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
install problems. PLEASE HELP
on Oct 13, 2007 at 1:30:00 pm

could sure use some help.

I downloaded adobe flash cs3 trial last night and installed with no problem. However, the idiot in me downloaded a dutch (or french) version of it so I then downloaded the proper english version to install. I tried to install over the old and it didn't work saying it conflicted with the existing cs3 (dutch) install.

Here's where I screwed up- I tried to remove the old cs3 by dragging the applications folder to the trash. i know, my bad. I still couldn't install the english so I then tried to delete any flash related folders via a search. Still no luck. finally I thought I'd re-install the dutch flash and then re-uninstall. That also didn't work showing conflicts on install (hard to translate what the conflicts are.

So what do I do? I'm running Mac OSX, but I can't install either now. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
Re: install problems. PLEASE HELP
on Nov 16, 2007 at 3:34:10 am

Did you ever figure this out.. I downloaded the Flash CS3 Trial and then I bought the full version on disk and then the dummy at Adobe told me to just drag the files to the trash bin and then when you look at Adobe's site they say... don't drag to trash bin.

As you may be able to tell I'm on a mac but even if you aren't maybe something that you have learned could help me.

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
Re: install problems. PLEASE HELP
on Nov 18, 2007 at 5:43:24 pm

I think that I got to the bottom of this. I did spend some 4 hours waiting for Adobe's help on this... grr customer support.

Anyway, when you go to the knowledge base there is a cleanCS3 script. Well, the one you can find online doesn't seem to work. So when I finally got through they directed me to a MacCS3Clean file or they have a win version too.

I downloaded that and ran the level 1 clean to no avail. After running the level 2 clean I was then able to install the full licensed version.

I really think that Adobe should put an uninstaller with the installer.

Moral of the story, DO NOT drag apps to the trash bin on Mac.. use the uninstaller.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved