FORUMS: list search recent posts

Allowing Users to Embed Video?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DavePotts
Allowing Users to Embed Video?
on Sep 24, 2007 at 10:23:52 pm

Hi Cows,

I'm not sure if I'm getting in over my head here, but what would be involved in allowing other users across my organization to embed our FLV's (that we're hosting) on their webpages? My department produces video for various departments of the university, and I'm looking for the easiest way (from the end user's perspective) to get the content that we produce for them up on their individual pages. Right now it's a cumbersome process of publishing the client's FLV's to a SWF, and then sending them all of the necessary files. I'd much rather just give them a link of some sort, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that if all I'm interested in hosting on my server are the raw FLV's that get played through a separate SWF. Does that make sense? Do I need to be looking at a more robust solution like Media Server to do this?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Dave Potts
Broadcast Communications
University of North Carolina @ Charlotte

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
Re: Allowing Users to Embed Video?
on Sep 26, 2007 at 1:33:39 pm

Well, you could have one swf file set up with a player but in that fla file that creates the swf, set the content path to a string variable.

Then, just have each department specify the content path variable in their own html file.

If you use SWFObject to test and embed the swf files, then they would just change one parameter within the html file since SWFObject will allow the passage of variables via load vars.

SWFObject is free... can't think of one of the links, but google that and you'll find it. Comes with an example of a variable passed in the html file via loadvars.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]