FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 Newbie Problem with Button?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
butterflyv
CS3 Newbie Problem with Button?
on Sep 24, 2007 at 3:46:26 am

Hi, I'm new to CS3 and am working on a project for a class. We have to create a simple ecard. Mine starts with a leaf graphic animation which will stop and allow the user to click "start" to begin the main part of the ecard animation. The leaf graphic will disappear and a tree graphic will appear. The tree graphic goes through an animation where the leaves turn from green to fall colors. Right now, the tree graphic shows up early and the leaf graphic keeps looping. I also get a compiler error. I'm banging my head on the wall! Please look at my files and see if you can help. I'm sure it's something totally simple. Thanks in advance! Vanessa

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddxxtnmjiin

http://www.mediafire.com/?0h3jqnli2yt

Return to posts index

Doccie
Re: CS3 Newbie Problem with Button?
on Sep 24, 2007 at 10:11:11 am

There -is- a reason why Adobe left in the option for Actionscript 2. Use AS2 if you're familiar with it and it's a small project.

Clickity-click

Let me know when you download it, so I can take it offline again.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

butterflyv
on Sep 25, 2007 at 4:49:58 pm

Hi, thanks for your response but it's for a class and it has to be done with 3.0. Any help on that?

thanks!
Vanesa

Return to posts index

Doccie
on Sep 25, 2007 at 6:38:34 pm

Tell your teacher I dislike him already ;)
If he's gonna teach you AS3, he should begin by teaching you the principle first, and then move on to the syntax... AS3 is not meant to be used like this. AS3 is an Object-Oriented Programming language and should be used with classes and as little timeline scripting as possible.

Anyhoo...
Clickity-click

Some of the things I'd like to point out:
- don't just put stop(); on each and every layer, one will suffice.
- instead of MOUSE_DOWN, use CLICK
- give your movieclips an instance name
- put your actions layer on top. (flash loads bottom up - unless specified differently) So you'll want all your mcs to load before you start using AS on them.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

butterflyv
on Sep 26, 2007 at 12:06:55 am

Thank you, thank you! I still have a long way to go before I finish but I will post my final results. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]