FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing/Exporting

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
janahowell
Importing/Exporting
on Sep 18, 2007 at 12:11:42 pm

I made a project in Flash CS3, exported it, and the quicktime quality is actually great. Well, the problem is that I still need to edit and add sound to it in Final Cut Pro HD. When I tried exporting it from FCP, the movie was blurry, and just horrible quality. Is the problem within my settings when exporting it from Flash, or from Final Cut?

Flash Settings-
Compression: Animation
Depth: Millions of Colors+
Quality: Best
Frame Rate: 25
Key Frame Rate: 10

FCP Settings-
Almost exactly the same settings as above.

Also, I'm using NTSC, if it makes a difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jana

Return to posts index

pixelfrenzy23
Re: Importing/Exporting
on Sep 20, 2007 at 1:49:24 pm

Is there any video or is it all animation? If it's all animation you probably would be best to edit and add sound inside of Flash and leave Final Cut out of the picture all together. If it's video and you are adding graphics you would definately be better off using a program like After Effects or Motion.

Return to posts index

janahowell
on Sep 24, 2007 at 1:36:46 am

It's all animation. However, it's split up into about 7 pieces because I had assumed that there would be way too many frames (about 4 thousand altogether) to hold in one flash file. So I exported each section seperately, and planned on putting it together along with sounds and such in FCP.

Jana

Return to posts index

pixelfrenzy23
on Sep 25, 2007 at 12:28:24 pm

Hi Jana, what I would normally do in that situation if I was planning on going to FCP is to build my Flash file at 720x540 30fps then export that out (I've found MJPEG B to be my favorite quicktime compressor, but uncompressed is better if you have space...especially since you'll be running it back through After Effects). Take that quicktime into a 720x540 square pixel after effects comp and render it out turning on the "stretch" option in the render settings and stretching to 720x480 (D1). If you have After Effects and can do it that way I think it will work...Good luck!

Return to posts index

janahowell
on Sep 26, 2007 at 11:22:58 am

We do have after effects, but wouldn't "stretching" the animation cause distortion?
And also, would running it through after effects smooth the motion of the frames?
Because another problem i've been having is jittery, step framing.

Jana

Return to posts index

pixelfrenzy23
on Sep 26, 2007 at 3:02:48 pm

If you build an animation at 720x540 square pxiels then you are viewing it as it is seen on a television. When you stretch it in After Effects it distorts it but then when it's viewed back on a tv screen it stretches back out to being correct. A good test is to do a simple circle at 720x540, render it out stretched at 720x480...which of course will make it oval, then bring it into Final Cut and view it on a monito...it should look like a circle again.

I doubt After Effects will fix the jittery, if it's jittery when it's exported out of Flash then it will probably be there throughout...hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]