FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash video player like this one?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Flash video player like this one?
on Sep 10, 2007 at 11:41:42 pm

Hey everyone -

As I delve into the world of Flash video, I'm understanding it more and more with everything I read. However, it seems to get a bit confusing for me when I get to the actionscripting part. So I'm on the hunt for some kind of .fla file I can purchase with all of the parts in place.

Specifically, I want my player to look like this screen snap:

Does anyone have any templates you know of that look like this (or similar of course...)

Thanks for the ideas!
Carl Sundermann

Return to posts index

Re: Flash video player like this one?
on Sep 11, 2007 at 10:59:40 am

This is probably a custom-build skin. However, Flash comes with an assortment of premade skins.

For more info check out the FLVPlayBack component

For more info on custom made skins, check out Skinning in Flash 8 or Skinning in Flash CS3

Kind regards,

Return to posts index

on Sep 11, 2007 at 12:52:30 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Those documents do help, and I'm kind of grasping what they say (though the link to your CS3 instructions is broken...)

I guess more specifically, what I"m looking for is something I can purchase (or better yet download for free) that already has the video components in place.

I'm using Sorenson Squeeze as as "one click wonder", that is I'm able to set up the different settings in that program, and then have it compress my original file to our on air playback, prepare it for DVD, prepare it for podcasts, and also, in theory, prepare it with the skin for playback on our website.

This is proving to be much more difficult than I've ever anticipated. The players that already exist in Squeeze are bulky and quite ugly.

Any ideas for me?

Return to posts index

Tom McNally
on Sep 12, 2007 at 3:54:45 pm

For the actionscript-challenged like myself use Video Maru.

Download the fla file and copy the compiled script to your stage in your fla. Take a look at the introductory video and it will show you what to name the instances.

It's a piece of cake and it's free!
Tom McNally

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved