FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash upload to the web.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
erictheeditor
Flash upload to the web.
on Sep 10, 2007 at 3:39:46 pm

I created a website via dreamweaver and the flash .flv file plays fine in the preview mode, but when I upload it via Transmit, the page is blank. I have also uploaded the corresponding .fla and .swf file associated with the .flv I'm using. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Doccie
Re: Flash upload to the web.
on Sep 10, 2007 at 3:42:35 pm

Can you give us the link to
a) the website and
b) the .fla?

Did you upload the AC_ActiveContent.js javascript file along with the .swf?

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

erictheeditor
on Sep 10, 2007 at 4:44:53 pm

sure. It is editonhudson.com/default.htm. I'm uploading more files now. The .fla file is called TESTflash, but the .flv file is called Clinique.flv. Now just to make sure I did this right, I imbed the .flv or the .swf file into the Dreamweaver page. I haven't seen any javascript files...would that be from the Dreamweaver side I suppose?

Return to posts index

Doccie
on Sep 11, 2007 at 11:07:29 am

Could you -please- put that .fla in a .zip or .rar file and upload it, so I can have a look?

Also, what version of Flash are you using? The AC_ActiveContent is a file that is automatically generated by Flash CS3, but I believe you're still working with 8? Then you needn't worry about the ActiveContent file.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

erictheeditor
on Sep 11, 2007 at 1:42:52 pm

Sure. Thank you Pieter. Where should I upload it to? I'm using the newest Flash CS3 and have flash player 9.
-eric

Return to posts index

erictheeditor
Thanks Doccie!
on Sep 12, 2007 at 4:43:24 pm

I really appreciate your help in this matter, but I was able to get it all figured out. I had a couple of subfolders that the files needed to put upload locally, outside of that particular folder. Thanks for your help, I definitely appreciate the rapid response.
-erictheeditor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]