FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird problem when converting MOV to FLV

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FischTale
Weird problem when converting MOV to FLV
on Sep 6, 2007 at 4:07:16 pm

I'm trying to encode some flash video for a friend and I keep having a weird problem when I use his Quicktime files in the Flash video encoder on my PC.

They seem to process with no problems, but then I put them in a webpage to watch them and they all have the same problem where the video jerks a bit and the audio cuts out at the same point. There are two different videos of two different lengths. The weird part is that I did the math and both are stopping at 72% of the total length of the video!

I have encoded several videos from inside Premeiere Pro's Flahs encoder straight off of my timeline, but this is the first time I've used QT files in the stand-alone encoder.

I first tried this on my old machine that has Flash 8 and then on my new machine with CS3. I got the same results both times.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
Re: Weird problem when converting MOV to FLV
on Sep 10, 2007 at 3:09:09 pm

I know what you mean.

I just recent purchased the Creative Suite Premium CS3 upgrade from Photoshop CS2. So, I got Flash with this and needed to encode some programs from Quicktime to Flash.

Sounds easy enough....

But I encoded 9 22 minute programs and they reported as completed successfully.

Well.... They look and play fine for about one minute and then they just stop. That's it. They won't play past one minute. It looks as if this is in a demo mode but I have the software registered and everything else in the suite works.

I sent an email to adobe on September 5th. No response yet. I guess they want me to pay $1600 for support even though I am supposed to have free support for 30 days.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://www.schazamproductions.com
http://blogs.creativecow.net/waynecarey

Return to posts index

scottg311
on Oct 11, 2007 at 10:12:23 pm

I've been having exactly the same problems. I found it works ok if you don't use the flv encoder program. Just create a new flash file, and choose File>Import>Import Video. It will create your FLV, and plays fine.

I convert quicktime to flv every week for a website, and noticed this probem just started happening a couple months ago. I think it has something to do with an OS upadate, maybe it installed a new codec that may be corrupt.

Cant seem to find any support on this.

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Oct 15, 2007 at 1:39:33 pm

[scottg311] "I've been having exactly the same problems. I found it works ok if you don't use the flv encoder program. Just create a new flash file, and choose File>Import>Import Video. It will create your FLV, and plays fine. "

Glad to see that someone else is seeing this. But let me ask you this... Are you using Flash CS3 to encode your video files? I can't seem to find the Import Video command that you are talking about.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://www.schazamproductions.com
http://blogs.creativecow.net/waynecarey

Return to posts index

entervid
on Oct 19, 2007 at 6:37:00 pm

I am also having this problem. Not all videos do this. So far it seems like only footage that is exported from FCP is affected. I'm not sure about the 72% mark but it is always somewhere in the back third of the file. I have tried recompressing the video to different formats via QT player and then sending through CS3 flash video encoder and it does the same thing. The only work-around I have discovered is to render the QT through After Effects then go to flv. _ab

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]