FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Warning about OSX 10.4.10 with CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Griffith
A Warning about OSX 10.4.10 with CS3
on Aug 30, 2007 at 4:14:04 am

I Just went through a full day of headaches which finally got rectified this morning. So I just thought I would share in case any others dare to follow in my footsteps.

I was noticing some lagging in my system the other day and thought maybe it needed a nice OS refresh via the install disk. I performed the refresh without a hitch and download all the latest updates via Mac's software update, bringing the OS to OSX 10.4.10. I then go to install the CS3 Web Premium package and... voila - a JavaScript error as the installer attempts to load???? I try again and again with the same results.

I then have to reload the OS and then download OS 10.4.6 which the installer said it needed before it could load. I then go to install the suite in which the installer decides to tell me that it cannot install the applications without OSX version 10.4.8. Yes I read them both correctly and they were different.

So I download the update and the install worked successfully!! :o) However, I had a problem with my license which for some reason stopped working. I got that fixed this a.m. with Adobe's tech support.

I googled the javascript error which didn't have a code. However, I did find that someone else had a post in which he experienced the same error with the latest OSX version.

Just thought that I would share in case your thinking about doing the same.

Return to posts index

Re: A Warning about OSX 10.4.10 with CS3
on Sep 12, 2007 at 5:47:15 pm

Hi Jason, First thanks a lot for posting your experience with the installation nightmare of CS3. I had the exact same problem you described. I am currently running 10.4.8 and am reluctant to update to 10.4.10 for fear of CS3 not running. Were you able to update to 10.4.10 after installing CS3 and still run the software? I appreciate any help you can provide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved