FORUMS: list search recent posts

Autosizing photos to fit.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mr. Click
Autosizing photos to fit.
on Aug 19, 2007 at 4:06:31 pm

Hi.. I have photos that I would like to display by using thumbnails that you can click and a larger version will pop-up, or there is a display area say in the center of the screen that shows the image when you click on the different thumbnails.

My question: Is there a way to make a photo autofit to the dimensions that I want to display?(zoom or shrink to fit) Eg. a pop up or display area roughly 3.5" X 5" that will show the larger version of the thumbnail. I also have panoramic photos. I want to be able to just have a gallery that I can update easily without having to do so much tinkering with the sizing each time I have a different photo. I've seen it before but don't know how it is done. I've looked in books and online but don't see any mention of it anywhere. Please advise on the process starting with clicking the thumbnail.
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
Re: Autosizing photos to fit.
on Aug 19, 2007 at 8:07:00 pm

Mr. Click,

Do this.... you said that you have seen this before right? Then I would go back to where you found it and use a swf decompiler to decompile it. Once that is done you can learn how they made it and customize it for your own use.

Also, try the forums at gotoandlearn.com and you could always purchase an already made application for a minimal fee.

Just some thoughts.

sicnerely,
Paul

Return to posts index

Mr. Click
on Aug 20, 2007 at 7:01:44 pm

Thanks Paul,

Although the idea of the swf decompiler never crossed my mind. lol.. I've looked at getting templates before too but I don't see one's that really suit my application. The one that did however for some reason only allows people with Internet Explorer to view; users of other internet browsers aren't able to view my site. Just shows up as a white box. Well, thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Mr. Click

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
on Aug 21, 2007 at 1:32:53 pm

As long as the flash plugin is installed there should be no reason that people shouldn't be able to see your site on Mozilla, Opera, Safari, IE or whatever browser they are using. Flash sites looks the same across browsers. That's one of their strengths.

cheers,
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]