FORUMS: list search recent posts

Event Cue Points

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
somethingmisleading
Event Cue Points
on Aug 16, 2007 at 5:32:27 pm

Ok, So I figured out how to make a table of contents, but now I need to figure out how to make synchronized slides with the flv video. I have been reading up on this and I am to understand the easiest way would be to use event cue points while embedding. However, after reading all day I am a bit confused. Here is what I made, Embeded video file with two cue points at separate times: _root.(Layer 1).gotoAndStop(2);

and this cue point: gotoAndStop(2);

I then created an flv with the video file loaded in and a slide on page one. With an action script command for stop. I then created a keyframe on frame 2 and changed the slide with another image. This should all work in my mind :) but I am not a programmer and missed something. As It did not work.

I followed these steps and am confused on the last 2 so thats why I am here asking:

1. Acquire a source video and determine the points at which you want to synchronize content.
2. Encode the video to FLV format and embed the navigation cue points at the desired locations.
3. Create a Flash file and add keyframes at any interval along the main Timeline. Add a keyframe for each cue point in the video and add a frame label to each keyframe that corresponds to the name of the related cue point.
4. Place content on the keyframes where the content corresponds to the correct cue point name (frame label).
5. Import the FLV file using the Flash Video Import wizard or the FLVPlayback component parameters.
6. Add a cuePoint event listener to the FLVPlayback component and add the event listener code pattern to frame 1 of the main Timeline.
7. In the event handler code, add a gotoAndStop action that targets a frame label of the same name as the cue point parameter name.

And i found this code when googling event listener, but can't quite put it all together.

var listenerObject:Object = new Object();
listenerObject.eventName = function(eventObj:Object):Void {
// Your code here
};
broadcasterObject.addListener(listenerObject);

Anyone got any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
Re: Event Cue Points
on Aug 16, 2007 at 9:32:57 pm

looking at that code... I think that the two things you should change are the eventName to a method that the listener object understands and you can find that in the actionscript reference.

and then the comment// Your code here... replace that with no "//" and then put the method or action that you want the movie to do once this event is fired... ie. getURL or gotoAndPlay.. what have you.

If you get this figured out you should let us all know the steps as you are doing something I've only thought about.

Keep at it.

cheers,

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
on Aug 24, 2007 at 2:08:22 am

hmmm... cue points aren't code, they're similar to labels.

Video files can't execute a command; they simply say "Cue" with "cue" being whatever you type into the FLV encoder or whatever encoder you're using.

Listers are set up to listen for the cue events and then a defined function does it's thing.

so, something like:

InstanceNameOfVideo.cuePoint = function(){
trace("cue"); //or whatever action like goto!

-------------- LISTENER EVENTS ---------------
var listenerObject:Object = new Object();

listenerObject.cuePoint = function(evtObj){ //the evtObj is just a name to use
trace(evtObj.info.name);
trace(evtObj.info.time);

}
myVideo.addEventListener("cuePoint",listenerObject); //myVideo being the name of the instance

Return to posts index

somethingmisleading
on Aug 28, 2007 at 4:35:33 pm

Unfortunately I read this a bit to late. I had another guy from work help me out and he wrote about 4 lines of code that grabbed the cue points and told them to load the value to a certain spot. Thank you though for the information, hopefully it can help others aswell.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]