FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems installing flash player 9

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
baximus
problems installing flash player 9
on Aug 14, 2007 at 4:01:49 pm

Howdy.
I've been trying to install Sonic EDVD 4.0 onto our HP workstation. Sonic requires Flash 7.0
I know that the latest version is 9.0, so the program sends me to Adobe's Flash downloading site. Every time I try to install the flash player, it fails. Even without going through the EDVD prompt and trying to install flash 9 on my own, it fails. I have tried resetting my secuirty settings, all to no avail.
Flash player 9 looks like its installing, but when we reach the point where it says something like "when you see the animation and text that says installation complete," we never see this. It freezes up, and then prompts to install activeX control constantly, until I get frustrated and close the browser.
Somebody please help!!!
Thanks guys.

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
Re: problems installing flash player 9
on Aug 14, 2007 at 4:18:23 pm

Not sure I can help but here's a couple thoughts. I think that the active X is a free download.

Also, everytime I install flass it seems like I have to do it 3 or 4 times... this seems especially true when I have an older version.. it's like it takes a few time to get that I'm really wanting to upgrade to flash player 9 or whatever.

I assume you're doing just the browser plugin player. There is a stand alone .exe that will play flash movies online. I have run into this when I have sent people SWFs and they couldn't play them... the best rememdy is just to drag and drop it into a browser with flash installed. If you can be a little more specific I will try to do what I can to help.

Good luck.

cheers,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]