I can't seem to figure out how to add a blur to my mask. I've created a shape to use as a mask, converted to movie clip, selected mask from the context menu of the layer, and that all works. But adding a blur to the symbol does nothing when I view the mask. I can see that my shape is blurred, but as soon as I look at it as a mask, it just uses the "hard" shape outline. Any help would be appreciated!
University of North Carolina @ Charlotte
I just learned this from Adobe's site (website below).
A few key items:
1. The item to be masked (my_maskee) must be a Movie Clip.
2. The item to be masked (my_maskee)must be a BMP.
3. In the Movie Clip's properties (my_maskee), "Use runtime Bitmap Caching" must be checked.
4. Blur your object doing the masking (my_mask).
5. In the first frame that my_maskee and my_mask appear in: Type this code: my_maskee.setMask(my_mask);