FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having a heckuva time trying to get flash to mov

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JeremyG
Having a heckuva time trying to get flash to mov
on Aug 6, 2007 at 4:40:48 pm

Hey all. I will preface by saying that I am a video editor (FCP) and know nothing about Flash, so please bear with me as I am naive to Flash and it's capabilities. I bow to your knowledge and expertise.

That being said, I have the new Adobe CS 3 Production Suite. I have been hired to turn a flash movie into a DVD. I have been provided with all materials, including the Flash project and a sample swf movie with html file to preview. The Flash designer has edited the piece to music. I need to take this music and edit it for a proper ending and also boost the quality for DVD use by using the original aif file. I have figured out how to export a quicktime from flash, that's pretty easy, the problem comes with sync. When I export the quicktime movie and bring it in to FCP and lay in the original music, the music does not time out like the preview music does. There are certain parts of the animation that happen on hits in the music and after my export the timing is all off. Is there a way to get this to work and time out properly? I hope I am explaining myself clearly, if you need anymore details I will be happy to provide them.

I have tried bringing the swf into AE CS3 but that doesn't really work either. From the advertisements, Adobe makes this seem like a very simple process. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]