FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects output to Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
After Effects output to Flash
on Aug 5, 2007 at 5:59:36 am

Hi All,

I've been an After Effects user for years, although I now have the need to start working Flash - my only problem is I don't have clue! The UI and workflow differences are making my learning curve kinda steep. I'm working with the Creative Suite (CS3 line of products).

I've ordered classroom in a book to help get started, but I'm on a bit of a deadline with the current project. I know the Cow Community can come though for me!

I animate in After Effects and export to Flash - no problems there. Would someone be so kind as to point me to a tutorial that can walk me through:

1.) Adding some actionscript to the exported flash file (just need to add a URL) and a button.

2.) Adding a simple pre-loader to the exported project.

As you might guess, this is a web banner project and the file size will around 50K so a little pre-loader will be a nice touch.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to get me started!

Return to posts index

Paul Fechtmeister
Re: After Effects output to Flash
on Aug 11, 2007 at 8:58:40 pm

Hey Paul.. it's Paul,

Ok.. anyway.. I have recently done what you are talking about.. the transition from AE to Flash... it's a little tough.. I am using CS2 and flash 8 still though so maybe things are easier in the modern era.

As far as a preloader.. and download that tutorial...Brimelow is a god.

for getting your URL...use getURL attached to a button or a movieclip will get you there the quickest.. and you could find info about that at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved