FORUMS: list search recent posts

reverse actions

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sethx22
reverse actions
on Jun 28, 2007 at 1:42:13 pm

I'm working on a menu that is a series of flip cards(one for each section). When you hit a button, it flips your current card and brings up the one you select. Can one button have 2 tell target actions? To close one menu (tell clip to run in reverse) and open another menu? I guess this is 2 questions. The reverse thing and the double tell target thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

ptrani
Re: reverse actions
on Jun 29, 2007 at 12:12:06 am

You can have two lines of code in a button. Telling one timeline to do one thing and another to do another. The reverse is another story and to be honest you're better off just doing a gotoAndPlay("flipback");

So in that timeline you'd have a frame label called "flipback" and it's an animation of the card flipping back over.

To reverse an animation means doing an "onEnterFrame" or something similar.

Paul Trani | Adobe Certified Expert

Return to posts index

sethx22
on Jun 29, 2007 at 12:45:11 pm

Actually, the reverse is not that big of a problem. The animations were made in after effects and I have copies in reverse for all of them. My real question is how do I make a button play the reverse of your current menu and then go to your next menu selection and do so no matter what the combinations of menus are?
Thanks again.

Return to posts index

ptrani
on Jul 1, 2007 at 11:14:20 pm

So you're thinking of doing a reverse on the RollOut? If that's the case you can say:

on(rollOut) {
gotoAndPlay("hide");
}
//Your "hide" is a label you jump to to make the menu hide. Will this work for you?

Return to posts index

sethx22
on Jul 2, 2007 at 12:19:46 pm

Not exactly. See, say you're on "Menu 1", you hit a button (onRelease) for "Menu 3", first it shows you the "Menu 1" animation in reverse, THEN it takes you to "Menu 3". And this must work for all combinations of Menus and Buttons.

Return to posts index

ptrani
on Jul 4, 2007 at 2:48:57 am

Gotcha. So what you'd need to do is to set a variable that is the section that was clicked on:

on (press)
{
gotoAndPlay("menu1Reverse");
_global.nextSection = "menu2";
}

At the end of "menu1Reverse" animation you'll have a statement telling it where to go next:

gotoAndPlay(nextSection );

Makes sense?

Paul Trani | Adobe Certified Expert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]