FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphic Symbol Help

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graphic Symbol Help
on Jun 24, 2007 at 12:02:12 am

I was recently given a character and soundtrack to animate to, and was told to animate within the graphic symbol and the layer that the character was placed.

Specifically, I double clicked the character until all of it's parts were seperate symbols, and used the library of premade mouths to begin animating. However, when I went back to the main timeline, it seemed I had done nothing, the character remained just the way he was when I first began without any movement at all. I've used Flash for a few other projects in the past, but I've never had to animate within symbols like this.

I hope that makes sense, I have a time constriction so I'm a bit worried and I could definately use any help that anyone has to offer. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Re: Graphic Symbol Help
on Jun 25, 2007 at 5:52:41 am

How long is your main timeline that the graphic symbol is on? In short, graphic symbols are timeline DEPENDENT. So if your main timeline is one frame then it won't matter what you've done in the graphic symbol, it will only show that first frame.

A movie clip symbol is timeline INDEPENDENT. select the graphic symbol and in the properties inspector you can change him to be a movie clip symbol then he'll play through no matter what.

Paul Trani | Adobe Certified Expert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved