FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for methods to achieve this

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evrard
Looking for methods to achieve this
on Jun 9, 2007 at 11:11:13 pm

Hi folks,

I want to make my swf stream musics in a continuous way. Say you have a 10 minutes song, normally when visitor1 opens the client swf they start listening it from beginning, 3 minutes after if visitor2 jumps in and opens they too start from the begining, and so on so forth for other visitors. What i want though is to find a way such that if visitor1 opens the client while the song is playing since 2 minutes they start listening only the portion that is left, not from the beginning; visitor2 jumps in 3 minutes after him, they just listen the remaining 5 minutes of the song, see what i mean?

I can i do that? Is they any specific methods for that, or how would you define a custom approach to achieve this? Can flash alone do that or would it require server sides codes in other languages?

Thank you

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: Looking for methods to achieve this
on Jun 14, 2007 at 8:22:32 pm

I'm not sure why you would want to do that but it would have to be a shared file somewhat like a chat room. Once the page opened, it would have to listen for other channels to open so that it could track how many channels are being opened.

I don't think Flash can do that.

Return to posts index

evrard
on Jun 18, 2007 at 9:43:38 am

"'m not sure why you would want to do that..."

To create an online radio from my webserver without having to pay subscription to radio streaming servers.

Return to posts index

somethingmisleading
on Jun 22, 2007 at 5:39:59 pm

I believe flash is working on a stream application. It might be out already. You could always download windows media encoder, and just stream from your computer. You can import already recorded files into it as well. Then they would connect to your ip and get the stream that way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]