FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Video help please.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Flash Video help please.
on May 9, 2007 at 12:56:01 pm

Hello people,

I need some help here, I have a video on Quicktime format, my intention is to convert the video to flash for a website intro and have flash play one frame at the end of the intro (So it stays on the frame permanent) I guess some action script needs to be used here, please any help on this one?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Re: Flash Video help please.
on May 9, 2007 at 3:43:20 pm

Hi ilegal31

if I have understood you right you need to add a listener to your flash file that looks for when the video has completed playing. Try attaching the following code to the frame where the video is placed (put the video in the _root layer and name the player "player"). This will work if you are using the flv playback component for your video.

var listenerObject:Object = new Object();
listenerObject.complete = function(eventObject) {
player.addEventListener("complete", listenerObject);

that should do it!

Return to posts index

on May 9, 2007 at 4:32:50 pm

Hello Dave,

First, thanks for the time taken to respond my message... I had in mind just to use Flash "swf" video at the beginning of the website, after the video plays for the first time I wanted to play one of the frames at the end of the movie and stays there, I will be able to use the same code that you provide on this message? FLV video doesn't work based on the design of my page, swf will be my option.

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

on May 28, 2007 at 4:17:26 am

you might want to bring in the video a frame at a time as jpgs. then you can do what you want with it..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved