FORUMS: list search recent posts

Autostart CD with Flash and launching PDFs

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Autostart CD with Flash and launching PDFs
on May 8, 2007 at 9:32:12 am

I am a very rare user of Flash and it looks like I need it now.
I need to do an autostart-CD including a bunch of PDFs and a Movieclip which should be selectable from a little menu.

I wonder if anyone has experience with this. Is Flash the right solution to make a projector.exe to start from the autorun.inf file?
Also can Flash launch PDF-Files like from a webbrowser and which Format is best used to include or launch a movieclip. Is MPEG best for compatibility reasons?

And last but not least... any hints on how to manage a MAC+Windows compatible Autorun-CD??

Thanks for any hints in advance,

Return to posts index

Matt Klundt
Re: Autostart CD with Flash and launching PDFs
on May 8, 2007 at 2:27:22 pm

You are correct that creating a projecter will give you the .exe you will need for an autostart CD. This will work for windows, but unfortunately Macs with OS X cannot auto start from CDs. I would suggest creating a folder within the CD labeled MAC with the Mac projector inside of it.

To launch PDF's all you need for code is to use the same coding as changing an html page. It would be like this:

button1.onRelease = function() {

For making the video cross compatible, why not use Flash video inside of your projector? You can use built in video components if you haven't coded much before or you could try creating your own custom video player. (check out the video basics tutorials on this page if you need help with a custom one)

Return to posts index

influx justin
Re: Autostart CD with Flash and launching PDFs
on May 8, 2007 at 11:30:01 pm

I just did this with a Flash file.

I am on a mac, and have created a CDrom that autoopens on a PC and loads a disc image on the mac (you cant do autoopen on a mac)

I used toast to burn the disc.

It requires some fiddly hiding of files and including an autorun file authored on a windows machine (notepad).
If you are on a PC I cant help, but if you are mac based, then check out the following link

Good luck!!!

coolest best christchurch dvd film influx new zealand video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved