FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP to flash .swf workflow

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FCP to flash .swf workflow
on May 2, 2007 at 7:15:48 pm

I am hoping someone out there has a nice clean workflow to suggest going from FCP to a flash .swf. Of course I want the highest quality/smallest file size combo. Currently as a flash newbee I am spending LOTS of time experimenting that could be better spent making a living...

Return to posts index

Re: FCP to flash .swf workflow
on May 11, 2007 at 5:02:27 pm

I do this a lot, but can't promise it is the very best solution. Here's what I do, and hope it helps. I use FCP 5.02 on a PowerBook G4. Most of my exporting is for very short videos (less than 2 minutes)

1. First I export from the timeline using "Export...QuickTime" from the file menu. I don't use QuickTime conversion, just export as uncompressed (result: big file)

2. After it exports, which is usually pretty quick if the movie is short form, I quit FCP

3. Then I use VisualHub to convert to Flash. Choose your resulting file size and quality settings right in the Advanced settings. For a 1 minute video it's done in just over 1 minute. Maybe 90 seconds.

I'm sure there are better ways. If you find any, please let me know, but for now this works well for me.

Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved