FORUMS: list search recent posts

Urgent: junk remaining onscreen

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zarxrax
Urgent: junk remaining onscreen
on Apr 27, 2007 at 8:51:26 pm

I'm having a problem in a flash animation I am making, and I have to get this thing fixed by tomorrow morning.
Basically, I have this simple box drawn on the screen. Nothing elaborate, just a rectangle shape object, a gradient fill with a white stroke around it. Now I keyframe this object on the scene, then I set a new keyframe and remove the object. Everything looks fine when I am working inside of Flash. However when I publish the movie and play it back, about 2 lines of pixels along the bottom of the box do not disappear when the box disappears. When another object passes over the area, then it will be cleared. Basically, the screen isn't being updated properly, and it doesn't clear off the full box.

Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
Re: Urgent: junk remaining onscreen
on Apr 27, 2007 at 10:25:01 pm

Oh, and some additional information: When I play this on my own pc, it leaves behind part of only the one box, but when I played the same file on another pc, it left junk from the bottom of a few different boxes.

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
Re: Urgent: junk remaining onscreen
on Apr 28, 2007 at 2:10:50 pm

Ok I have solved the problem, so I will just share the solution I have found in case anyone else ever runs into this problem. On the frame where the junk first becomes left behind on the screen, I set a keyframe on my background layer and changed the brightness by 1%. This was not really visibly noticeable, but it causes flash to redraw the area where the junk was left behind, fixing the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]