FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to key out black part of video in flash?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kent Beeson
how to key out black part of video in flash?
on Apr 11, 2007 at 5:42:40 pm

Hello

I wonder if I can import a 5 sec video into Flash Prof 8, which is a time lapse of crystals growing from all sides with a pure black background. And then I want that video to be on the top layer in flash, with the other layer revealed underneath only in the black section of the crystal video, which would then cover up the bottom layer as the crystal form and fill the stage area.

How can I "key" out that black area in the video to show the bottom layer, or can I? I use FCP 5.1 for editing video - if not in Flash can I prepare that video or do it all in FCP?

Thanks
KB

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: how to key out black part of video in flash?
on Apr 11, 2007 at 7:08:26 pm

I'm not familiar with FCP, but I'm sure you can key it out. I usually do something like this in AfterEffects then export with an alpha channel which Flash will recognize.

Though you can import single bitmaps and select the black and delete but it would defeat the advantages of using the flv format for small sizes and quick streaming.

Return to posts index

kent Beeson
Re: how to key out black part of video in flash?
on Apr 11, 2007 at 7:11:55 pm

Someone gave me this good answer - for FCP
======================

You could try the Color Key - Effects:Video Filters:Key:Color Key and select black.

Or you could try the Luma Key.

Fiddle around with all the tolerances and edges and see what looks best. I find this kind of thing hard to get perfect. Even when you see professionally done bluescreen chromakey, you can usually always tell, no matter how carefully they lit the orginal scene. Though if there is remaining black edge it may just look like shadow rather than leftover background, which would be useful.
===========================

Thanks
KB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]