FORUMS: list search recent posts

sending Flash file in an email

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stevem1928
sending Flash file in an email
on Apr 6, 2007 at 12:21:06 am

I have searched the Cow archives and found some posts on sending Flash files in emails. They recommended to use the "projector". As I read the posts, I was assuming the projector.exe file was a stand alone file. I tried it, and it still seems like I need to include the other flash files. I am looking for a way to send a flash file as a single file. Is this possible? I am new to Flash. I typically create my work in After Effects.

Currently I send Flash files zipped together, and ask the person on the other end to play a certain file. Some people don't know how to unzip. Others get confused on which file to click,,,,even after I tell them what file to open.

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: sending Flash file in an email
on Apr 9, 2007 at 7:13:47 pm

A projector file is self-contained, however, with the disadvantage of the open-source of Windows and viruses, since the projector is an exe file, most mail-servers will now strip them as possibly damaging.

Better to just use html to embed the swf and send an html-rich message. These files would have to reside on the net somewhere and you would use absolute urls (http://www.wherever.com/flash.swf) for all graphics and flash files in the html.

If you convert your AE files to an flv, then the same holds true; just use absolute urls in the video component to point to them.

Of course, though this defeats the purpose of receiving a rich email, you could also just include a link to the html page with the flash so that they are directed to their browser to see the message.

Return to posts index

stevem1928
on Apr 16, 2007 at 3:37:58 pm

I must be using the projector wrong. The projector file is alway about 1.5mb, and needs another video file for it work. I think the other file is an flv.

Return to posts index

esam melad
on Aug 17, 2009 at 4:20:35 pm

http://www.wosool.com/ramadan/1.swf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]