FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating a swf file from a .mov from AE to be used for web.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
4024annap
creating a swf file from a .mov from AE to be used for web.
on Apr 2, 2007 at 1:15:27 pm

hi, im fairly new to all this so please excuse me if im asking an obvious or stupid question . . . basically, i am creating a website and want to have a 800 x 200 video on it (about 25 secs long, on a continous loop, no audio). my understanding is that a swf would be the best format in terms of compatibility for most viewers? I have added text etc. to my videofile in AE (in a 800 x 200 composition, 25fps, dv pal), then exported it as a .mov with the same settings as my AE project, set to 'best' quality. I have then imported this .mov into flash. In the import settings box i have played around with the quality settings but my video always looks really pixelated. I have the keyframe interval set to 25, the 'syncronise video to flash document frame rate' box checked and the 'number of vid frames to encode per number of flash frames' set to 1;1. The output properties information dispalys that my fps is 12 (not sure if this is correct). Not sure what to do to stop the pixelated look, can anyone help? am i even going about this the right way, or is there a simpler way to put a swf. on my website (im generally not a flash user)

thanks

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: creating a swf file from a .mov from AE to be used for web.
on Apr 2, 2007 at 8:35:15 pm

AE is most likely using the older Flash MX encoder. That one was not very good and pixelates quite a bit. The ON2 Flash engine is the newer better Flash encoder that is used in all of the newer products on the market these days. You might be able to update AE with a plugin, or you can buy the standalone Flix encoder from ON2, or products from Sorenson that use it.

DRW

Return to posts index

grafxflow
on Apr 4, 2007 at 9:50:51 am

Hi,

Which version of flash are you using?

grafxflow

grafx that flow!

Return to posts index

4024annap
on Apr 4, 2007 at 11:14:00 am

hi, im using flash mx. actually found a programme called visualhub that converts .mov's to swf's and the quality seems to be pretty good. .

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 4, 2007 at 4:13:22 pm

[4024annap] "the quality seems to be pretty good. ."

You originally said, "but my video always looks really pixelated..." and I explained why.

Make up your mind, does it look good or does it look pixelated... Seems to me that pixelated is not good. Why don't you try one of the many demo apps avaialble using the On2 Flash engine, such as Flix Pro, and compare. I don't think you'll be saying Flash MX looks good afterward.

DRW

Return to posts index

4024annap
on Apr 5, 2007 at 7:59:17 am

sorry, my last post wasnt very clear. yes, my video looked pixelated in flash mx which obviously wasn't good. I then found visualhub. this converts the .mov to swf without having to use flash mx and the quality of the swf is good, not pixelated at all so i dont have a problem anymore. thanks for your help though. ap

Return to posts index

Terry Hahin
on Apr 24, 2007 at 3:09:36 pm

Hello,
as a heads up 4024, you used the right process. When coming out of AE, the best is to make an archival master of the video in the Quicktime "Animation" codec. Then put that into flash, using the on2 FLV setting.

I recommend having the video load externally, then you don't run into all the problems that are involved with embedding a video into the timeline.

Terry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]