FORUMS: list search recent posts

On2 Flix for Flash??? - cross post from FCP forum

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss
On2 Flix for Flash??? - cross post from FCP forum
on Mar 5, 2007 at 4:49:38 am

Is anyone here using On2 Technologies Flix or Flix Exporter to encode Flash? If so, care to share your experiences?

I've tried the demo versions of both products and my preliminary findings are as follows:

Flix Exporter is terrific because it enables Flash export from all QT enabled apps, including: FCP, Compressor, Motion, QT Pro, etc. However, the quality of SWFs encoded in Flix Pro seem remarkably better and with far fewer compression artifacts. In addition, Flix Pro comes with a bunch of different skins for the Flash Player, which also makes it attractive.

I've also considered Sorenson Squeeze, but it seems like overkill, duplicating a lot of functionality already in Apple Compressor, and its also double the price of the Flix products.

DRW

Return to posts index

BrentC
Re: On2 Flix for Flash??? - cross post from FCP forum
on Mar 5, 2007 at 7:27:53 pm

I've been using Flix for several years and have had great luck with it. Most of the included players are a bit clunky, but they get the job done, and the compression quality is excellent.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: On2 Flix for Flash??? - cross post from FCP forum
on Mar 5, 2007 at 8:45:31 pm

Brent,

Thanks for your review. I just bought Flix Pro, but, I'm having a newbie issue already.

I'm a bit confused about the players. I tried to create my first swf file with a player, but Flix created two separate files, one is the Flash encode video, one is the player. This couldn't be right, could it? Only one or the other loads in my web design app. How do I create a video that plays in the player?

THNX,
DRW

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Nevermind Brent I figured it out
on Mar 5, 2007 at 9:11:54 pm

THNX for your help

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
On2 vs Flash 8 encoder
on Mar 11, 2007 at 1:22:52 am

The review in the March 2007 Studio Monthly says that "The quality of the video made with Flix Pro 8 is significantly better than what you can get out of the Flash application alone."

True or false? What's the difference between the results from On2 Flix Pro 8.5 and Flash 8?

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: On2 vs Flash 8 encoder
on Mar 11, 2007 at 1:54:18 am

Bob,

I think the deal is that buying a product directly from On2 insures that you always have the very latest updated version of their Flash engine. Adobe Flash probably only updates that same engine when it updates their entire Flash application.

DRW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]