Advice on animated presentation

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
s!
Advice on animated presentation
by
on Mar 5, 2007 at 3:15:29 am

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice about a good way to approach a project?

I'm producing an animated component to a presentation. The animation will be projected (full screen) behind a presenter, and they will need to be able to stop and start it at different times. At certain times a particular sequence will need to stop on an end frame, or on a loop sequence. The animation will be done in After Effects. I was thinking that when the animated parts are produced they could be exported to some saught of movie files, then these could be controlled by a flash movie. Would this be a good way to do it? Can you use flash to control quicktime? Could anyone suggest a better approach for this presentation?

I don't have access to Director.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Return to posts index

grafxflow
Re: Advice on animated presentation
on Mar 5, 2007 at 7:22:56 pm

Hi,

Have you thought about doing it in the form of a dvd? You would be able to keep the quality of the after effects animations. But when jumping between movieclips there would be a slight pause depending on the dvd player or laptop.

If in flash, you could use a slideshow presentation. Don't let the term slideshow put you off. You can place movieclips on the frames. But the playback quality may be affected, maybe a bit jumpy!

Unless you try and re-create the after effects animations in flash.

grafxflow

Return to posts index

s!
by
on Mar 5, 2007 at 10:51:59 pm

DVD is not a bad idea. I'm actually looking into authoring an interactive Quicktime, but I'm not sure how that works at this stage. Has anyone attempted this? I think you can and interactivity with flash to a specific quicktime track...

Return to posts index

grafxflow
on Mar 6, 2007 at 9:26:04 am

Hi,

I've seen this done before, but you may be limited to which version of flash swf quicktime can accept.

grafxflow

grafx that flow!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]