Flash 8 Documentation
Using Flash > Creating E-learning Content > Tracking to AICC- or SCORM-compliant learning management systems > Preparing a SCORM-compliant learning interaction for web hosting
Preparing a SCORM-compliant learning interaction for web hosting
To send tracking data to a SCORM-compliant LMS, you must enable tracking for the quiz and publish the learning interaction using the Flash with SCORM Tracking template. In addition, you must place the files generated by Flash on your web server in the same directory.
To prepare a SCORM-compliant learning interaction for web hosting:
1. Open the document in Flash.
2. Select File > Publish Settings.
3. In the Publish Settings dialog box that appears, make sure that (at least) both Flash (SWF) and HTML are selected in the Formats panel.
4. Click the HTML tab at the top of the Publish Settings dialog box, and select the Flash with SCORM Tracking from the Template pop-up menu.
5. Click the Publish button, and close the dialog box.
6. Place the files produced by publishing the Flash file on the web server in the same directory.
7. Start the LMS system and reference the name of the HTML file. Make sure the LMS is set to launch the SCORM tracking frameset.
I know this is an old post, but the best I found while doing a search on the Cow.
We are producing a video that the client is telling us needs to be SCORM/AICC compliant. They will incorporate this program into existing training pages. What should I be asking from them for metadata? Can we just provide them a FLV file and they do the rest?
I have delivered tons of video over the years (WMV, QT, FLV, MP4, etc.) but have never had to deliver a SCORM/AICC compliant video.
Any suggestions would be great.
Avid and FCP Preditor
Anything worth doing at all, is worth doing well.
- Philip Dormer Stanhope, Earl of Chesterfield