FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated Movie Clip Button Works, but doesn't Loop...

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Animated Movie Clip Button Works, but doesn't Loop...
on Feb 26, 2007 at 5:50:10 pm

This is a two part question:

1. I have my movie clip button, "mcAboutus" then inside my movie clip I have 5 layers: actions, labels, text, animated rollover("mcAboutusover"), animated rolloff("mcAboutusoff"). On the labels layer I have _up, _over, _off. On the _up is the text layer, on the _over is a movie clip of the animated rollover("mcAboutusover") which is 90 frames, and I want to loop as long as the mouse is over the text. And the _off has the "mcAboutusoff" movie clip.

So I was able to have the rollover work, but when I roll off the rollover animation continues on until the end of the animation. I understand it has to do with the fact that it's a movie clip, but how do I point it to go into the movie clip and read the animation and that on the last frame of the animation I have a "gotoAndPlay(1);" to have the animation continue looping as long as it's in a rollover state?
here is the code I have for the _root:

this.mcAboutus.onRollOver = function() {
this.mcAboutus.onRollOut = function() {

The other problem I am having is that once the I have rolled over the animation once, the button dies and won't let me rollover it again?

Aside from the "stop();" action in the mcAboutus movie clip symbol, I don't have any other actions, should I put items in the different movie clips I have set up?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved