FORUMS: list search recent posts

stop action not working with flv

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
stop action not working with flv
on Feb 21, 2007 at 10:48:49 pm

I'll do my best to describe my problem (with flash, that is..)

I have a root timeline with keyframes at each frame. In each keyframe is a movie clip (MC). When MC1 is finished playing, the action on the root timeline is the following, which advances the timeline to the next frame - works great! But, when the next frame contains a movie clip linking to an external FLV video, it just skips that frame (actually it shows the first frameof FLV video, then moves on to next frame).

onEnterFrame = function() {
if (MC1._currentframe == MC1._totalframes) {

Here's the kicker. If I move the MC that contains the FLV file to the first frame of the timeline, it doesn't get skipped, and plays the FLV just fine.

Am I missing something here? I've put stop actions almost everywhere at this point, and nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
Re: stop action not working with flv
on Feb 21, 2007 at 10:53:22 pm

One more thing:

If I get rid of the code above and just have a stop, and instead have a button (Next) that basically tells it to move on to the next frame (currentframe+1), or something to that effect, it works fine, and the video plays fine, without being skipped. But this defeats the purpose of what I'm doing.

Return to posts index

Matt Klundt
Re: stop action not working with flv
on Feb 27, 2007 at 3:56:19 pm

You will have to change your code on this frame because the movie clip loading your external flv is only one frame long. Instead you will need code to test if the video is done playing. Are you using a component to play it, or did you make a custom video player?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved