FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Horizontal Dropdown Menu Buttons Don't Work over DIV

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
webby_developer
Flash Horizontal Dropdown Menu Buttons Don't Work over DIV
on Feb 16, 2007 at 5:38:31 pm

Any suggestions please! I am a novice Flash Developer and I created a horizontal drowndown menu in Flash with rollover submenus. The dropdown menu has buttons with Behaviors assigned to "go to webpage". The published .swf file works fine, links and all. It is only when I place the menu inside a Dreamweaver DIV that exists over another image DIV that the buttons don't work. The menu will drop down and can be rolled over, but it is when I try to click on the buttons to activate the links that nothing functions.
It is worth mentioning that the buttons have an assigned "Down" state that doesn't activtate, so I know the buttons are incapable of even being clicked on. The problem is within Dreamweaver, not the flash movie menu. Perhaps I am overlooking a widely know trick to making this work? Am I missing a simple line of HTML??
Anybody have any experience with this?
Greatly Appreciated,
Lindsey

Return to posts index

grafxflow
Re: Flash Horizontal Dropdown Menu Buttons Don't Work over DIV
on Feb 18, 2007 at 12:05:28 am

Hi,

Do you have a copy of the div tag code you are using?

grafxflow

Return to posts index

webby_developer
on Feb 19, 2007 at 6:56:26 pm

here is the div containing the menu.....

//

//

Return to posts index

webby_developer
on Feb 19, 2007 at 6:59:03 pm

how does one post code? I even used the double forward slashes and the code all didn't post as text... also tried /* code */

Return to posts index

grafxflow
on Feb 19, 2007 at 8:11:04 pm

Don't it has been forwarded on to me!

grafxflow

Return to posts index

grafxflow
on Feb 19, 2007 at 8:11:18 pm

Don't worry it has been forwarded on to me!

grafxflow

Return to posts index

grafxflow
on Feb 19, 2007 at 8:49:05 pm

Hi,

Before I start, this is the only way I can think of getting around the div tag source not appearing in the message,

* = left arrow div tag
% = right arrow div tag

You need 2 files. Your index.html (with div tag) and a javascript file. It is based on the swf file being called 'flashfile.swf'. Place this in your index.html div tag,

*div id="Banner" style="position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px; width:415px; height:70px;"%
*script src="flash_embed.js"%*/script%
*/div%

Then create a javascript file called 'flash_embed.js' and place the following inside, again same principles *, % as above apply.

document.write('*embed src="flashfile.swf" quality="high" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="415" height="70" name="banner" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /%')

You will have to change it to your swf and its directory, same with the directory of where the flash_embed.js is saved.
Hope it makes sense!

grafxflow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]